Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Our Fall Mantle (2012)

Bring on fall!  While I enjoy summer so very much, I am really looking forward to all the cozy opportunities the fall season brings.  This weekend, I discovered that Starbucks' fall line of beverages is out, which totally means fall is here!  Have y'all tried the Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa?  I treated myself to one on Sunday night and it is a super yummy indulgence.



And on the home front, I tucked away the summer decor and decorated our "mantle" for fall.  I dressed up a table too and will show you that soon.









The mercury glass lamps on my mantle are from Home Goods (of course!).  I added the Pottery Barn glass candle holders, which contain walnuts and acorns.  I love to use books in decor and chose these red, brown, cream and green books for their color and subject matter (interior design and entertaining) since fall tends to find us burrowing in our home even more.










I'm crazy for these cute little crafty turkeys from Pottery Barn Kids.  I got them last year and pulling them out again this year brought a smile to my face.  










And to me, pinecones are a delightful fall accent- especially when they are given a bit of gold spray paint.  I've got pinecones tucked in little corners all over the house now.














Actually burning the candles at night feels so good!  We are pretending we have fall weather, but probably won't see our temperatures drop significantly until late October/early November.  





* * * * * 





Then, I couldn't leave well-enough alone, and switched up the Fall Mantle a couple more times for a different look. 
























* * * * * 











You can visit Centsational Girl for more Fall Mantle Ideas.





* * * * * 







Thank you for entering the Quality Bath Giveaway!