Friday, September 21, 2012

I'm Starting a New Health & Fitness Blog

Hi all!  I wanted to share some exciting news with you and get your feedback.  Many of you know that I've been looking for a new job, and with this extra time on my hands I've been devoting more time to a passion of mine, health and fitness.  Even after I struggled to lose the baby weight, the emphasis on being healthy and maintaining my weight/gaining muscle remains.  It's even more important to me now because I want to pass on healthy eating habits to my son and let him become familiar with home cooking.  He certainly loves to help!






James might want you to know this is an old pic.  Paci now "lives in the bed" and is "only for sleeping." But he's cool if you still like your Paci too. 

I decided to start a separate blog on these topics so that Honey We're Home continues to be focused on creating a beautiful, well-organized and happy home and in case you have no desire to hear about food and fitness here.



I've been busy writing posts about workouts, (my routine, what works for me and what doesn't, and how I fit in into my week- even with a child and full time job), along with recipes that are healthy and taste good, including the splurges (that aren't so healthy, but a real part of how I live).  I have discovered I am kind of obsessed with food photography, so I've been experimenting more with my camera in my kitchen too.  I've got a lot to learn, but I enjoy it so much.













I also want my new blog to be a source of motivation to help get you started or keep you moving toward your own fitness goals.



I'd love to hear your thoughts, what you'd like to read about, need help with, etc.  Also, can you let me know if you workout and how often.  Do you participate in classes, run, lift weights, do yoga or  Pilates and how often?  What are your goals- maintain your weight, lose weight, gain muscle?  Are you content where you are?  Is there a fitness/food blog you like? Feel free to comment Anonymously if you prefer. 



You can also email me at:  honeywerehomeblog@gmail.com with "New Blog" in the subject line.  I want to get a sense of where we are in this journey and how I can best contribute.  Thank you so much for sharing with me.



I'm working with Designer Blogs on the website design and I'm hoping the site will be live soon!