Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Decor in Our Home (Simple Updates)

Slowly but surely I've been welcoming the Fall season into our home.  One of the quickest ways to change up the decor seasonally is by switching out the pillows on the sofa.  Over the weekend, I spotted two plaid! pillow covers at Pottery Barn and brought them home.  They add the perfect cozy feeling I want for Fall with the pattern and colors (brown, tan, orange, and cream), but also have light blue, which goes great with my drapes and existing blue pillow and throw.

















With the sofa properly outfitted, the rest of the house was sprinkled with Fall touches.  Don't pumpkins signify Fall?  These ceramic pumpkins from Hobby Lobby had purple stems and leaves, so I spray painted them gold.  















Before putting them on the wooden console table, I tried them out on the gold glass table. 










A gold bowl filled with pinecones, apples, and pears sits on the second shelf.










I waited for weeks to find these lanterns half off at Hobby Lobby- I just kept missing the week they were on sale.  Finally, I picked up three- two shiny silver ones, and one giant aluminum one.  














In the butler's pantry, I added my Hobby Lobby Harvest sign that I've had for years.  








                                                 Are you in the Fall decorating mode yet? 









Linking up with Sarah (Thrifty Decor Chick)