Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chandelier Woes

Hi guys!  I'm driving myself crazy trying to find a replacement chandelier for my dining room.  You may have read about how I initially chose our current chandelier (along with all the lighting for our entire house) in about two hours with a fussy two month old in tow.  Needless to say, I feel like a made a mistake in the dining room, and would prefer something lighter.



The room is still a work in progress, but here's our current chandelier.




I originally liked the two below.





via

Size: W 28" H 29" L 79"







via

Dimensions: 29"W x 29"H


But then had my heart set on this one from Pottery Barn.




The problem is, as some readers pointed out, that at just 20 inches wide, it's too short for my room.  


Based on the size of our table and room, our chandelier needs to be about 29 inches (which is the size of our current light fixture, as well as the first two).  I took some advice on chandelier sizes from this website.


It would be nice to have two chandeliers at either end of the table, but that would require electrical work we don't want to do. 


I've searched high and low for something to no avail.  I like the 3rd option because of the bling factor, but I also still like the first two.


I'm going to continue looking, I'm not really in a rush, preferring to let the room evolve instead of just hurrying to "fill it".  Hey, it's sat almost empty for over a year, what's another couple of months?! :)


But if you have something in mind, or a particular source, I'm all ears:)




********