Monday, February 25, 2013

Time for a Big Boy Bed?

Since our son is turning 3 soon, I've been wondering if it's time to get him out of the crib and into a big boy bed.  He's quite content in his crib and has only crawled out once though.  Looking at this picture below makes me pretty sure it's time.







I don't know why he likes to pile his crib so high with stuff.  I often find that green stool in there in the morning (it's what he uses to crawl in and he'll somehow get it inside during the night).



I'm also itching to change up his room since it still looks like his baby nursery.  See what I mean . . .







I want to add more color, drapes, and remove the top from his changing table since we don't need that any more.  I do plan to keep his Alphabet art from Z Gallerie since it's pretty kid friendly and I like the colors.









And I recently received a print I ordered from Penny Paper Co (you may know it from Aubrey & Lindsay's Blog).  I might paint the frame, but for now it's just in a white Ikea frame. 








I started browsing for beds online and saw that Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod had some great-looking beds . . .
















But then I found all kinds of toddler beds for way less online and I starting PINNING them onto my Nursery/Kid Room board.  Amazon has some cute toddler beds too.  





Of course James got on my lap while I was looking at my computer and I asked which beds HE liked the best because I want to hear his opinion.  Uh-oh, of course he liked the CAR beds! Ug!  But I'm thinking, if I was a 2/almost 3 year old boy, maybe I'd like a car bed too.  







And really, you can only get away with having a car bed when you're a kid.  Seriously, can you imagine if you went to a guy's house and he had a car bed??!!  ick. 





So, when is the time to get the baby out of the crib?  And did you go from crib to toddler bed or straight to twin/full/queen??  Would you do the car/cartoon bed? I asked y'all on my Facebook page and have been reading through all of your comments- thank you!





* * * * *