Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Party Recap 2013

Did you watch the game last night?! We hosted an annual Super Bowl party and had a fun, full house.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, perfect for getting some friends together and hanging out in the backyard.  I knew we'd have a bunch of kiddos, so we rented a bounce house for the afternoon.  The kids (and some adults) loved it and bounced 'til dark.














For food, we served a slow cooked brisket and red beans.  The brisket was huge, about 8 pounds, so I was surprised there wasn't any left at the end of the party.  










We also made cream cheese stuffed jalepenos with bacon (I tried to make them a little healthier with low fat cream cheese and lower sodium bacon).  You just pop them in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  I made three batches and they all disappeared. 















Mexican 7-layer dip (refried beans, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, olives, and green onions) and caprese skewers are a party staple.















Our sweet friends brought spinach dip (that I didn't get a pic of but was absolutely delicious!), and the cutest,  tastiest cupcakes and cookies.  










The kids REALLY had a good time playing together. 










And the adults did too!  I admit I didn't catch any of the game- or the commercials . . . just the half-time show. 










What did y'all think?





P.S.  My friend Emily (Decor Chick) is hosting a sale on Joss & Main today.  I know she'd love it if you want to check it out!










You need to be a member to shop the site, but it's FREE to join, you just need an invite, which I've included for you HERE





* * * * *