Monday, October 14, 2013

Polyvore Project Decorate // Win $500 to Pottery Barn


Where have I been and why haven't I been taking advantage of the awesomeness that is POLYVORE??!! You all might be familiar with the site already, and although I had heard of it, I had never played around with it because I didn't understand how EASY it is to use.  Once I got on the site and started playing around creating "sets" (moodboards), I looked up and two hours had passed!  And the super cool thing is, Polyvore (universally known for its fashion sets) has expanded into the world of home decor.  That means you can create super cool interior design sets and try out different combinations before making a single purchase.  This is invaluable to me because I usually need to see things together to really visualize them. 










THE COLLABORATION & CONTEST





I've teamed up with Polyvore to help spread the word about their  launch into home decor by hosting a contest where you can win a $500 gift card to Pottery Barn by creating a SET that incorporates my theme: Sexy Glam Home.





Sexy Glam Home is a fun theme I thought up that represents a modern and stylish home with bits of bling and romantic charm.    Here's the SET I created to reflect the Sexy Glam style.  How fun to get to add bright pops of red that I don't have anywhere in my own home!  I've seen that rug around the web and been dying to incorporate something like it so this was totally fun playtime for me.  I love the mix of jet black with metallic gold too.    










I chose about 25 items and you can use some of them to incorporate into your own Sexy Glam Set and two winners will be chosen.  I choose one winner and a second winner will be chosen by the Polyvore community, based on which set draws the most attention (likes, comments, shares) from the contest.





To enter, go HERE to create a Sexy Glam Set incorporating a couple of the items I chose.  Here's an example of what you could create:











I cannot wait to see what you come up with!  The contest ends in one week! 


* * * * *


On Honey We're Healthy lately:  Faith & Healthy Coleslaw