Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Coffee Table Switch


I recently shared a favorite new find from Overstock (the Wingchair) that I put in our master sitting room.  Then I played musical coffee tables and moved the West Elm mirrored table from the living room and put the Overstock Renate Coffee Table Ottoman in its place.  It's a good fit!  I love a bargain find and these two are Overstock pieces I've had success with.  I've also had an Overstock fail - a chaise lounge chair that was hard as rocks and had to be returned.  That's the chance you take when ordering online, without the benefit of seeing/testing out in person.  But, when you score, if feels really great! 










I added a mirrored tray (Target) on top to break up all the beige-  and I like the pop of shine.  The tray is functional too, holding our too many remotes.  I'm lucky that my son doesn't mess with the tray- he's too busy playing Star Wars. 










I spray painted the ginger jar with my favorite glossy black spray paint (it was previously white) and filled it with three faux cream-colored hydrangeas.  I just cut the stems so they would fit in the jar.  It finally occurred to me one day to cut them so I could put them in a shorter vase- before I was always thinking they needed to be in a tall vase to accommodate the long stems- duh! And while I prefer real flowers, I'm okay with a few faux ones here and there occasionally.  










The space underneath the coffee table is perfect for storing magazines.  I like to keep a few in the living room for reading on the couch and this shallow basket is my favorite for magazines because it allows you to see many at once and they stay nice and flat.  I found it at West Elm years ago, but don't think they sell it anymore.  Here are some similar.  










I know from reading your comments that y'all play musical furniture too.  I'm in good company!  





* * * * * 





On Honey We're Healthy lately:  Faith & Healthy Coleslaw





* * * * * 


There's still time to win a $500 gift card to Pottery Barn by participating in Polyvore's Project Decorate.  Go HERE for details!










* * * * * 


Thank you to Lamps Plus for nominating Honey We're Home as a favorite home blog.  You can VOTE for your favorite blog daily from now until November 15 and win a change at a $500 shopping spree.  Every vote is an extra entry to win.  









* * * * *