Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Getting in FRONT of the Camera!

Why is it that I have a million pictures of my son James, about half a million with him and his dad, and a grand total of five pictures of me and him??  Because I'm always the one taking the pictures!! Is it like that for you too?  You're BEHIND the camera instead of in front of it?  Most of the time when I'm taking pictures, I wouldn't consider myself "camera ready" but I don't want that to prevent me from capturing real life moments with my son.



So, I got brave recently and specifically asked my husband to take pictures of me and James together.  It was weird handing the camera to him and I had to relax and try not to get "posed" pics together.  In the first few, we were at a coffee shop, so pulling out the camera and taking pictures felt awkward, but no one really cares what you're doing, so why should we?  I figured if she can do it, so can I.  I've been touched and inspired by Kelle Hampton to bust out my camera more, in public, even taking it to the beach last weekend.



It's very difficult to get a "good" picture of a wiggly toddler with an adult, especially when he's in the mood to run around, like most of the time.  But my husband persisted, kept snapping away, and the results are real life fun.  After discarding all the blurry ones or the ones where I hated the look on my face, we were left with a few I actually liked.  Baby steps.

















































I'm so glad I got in front of the camera for a change.  I'm encouraged to do it more in the future.  I know I cherish the photos I have of me and my mama together when I was young, so I'm hoping James does too.  Are you getting in pictures with your kids?  Do you take your camera with you on everyday outings? Summer's here.  The time is NOW!




(And if you're curious, I've been living in these little tank dresses lately- from Express.)