Tuesday, July 17, 2012

End of the Bed Bench (under $300)

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was looking for a bench to put at the end of the bed, and ended up finding one for under $300 at Overstock.  It's the Renate Coffee Table, which isn't actually a bench, but a coffee table as the name states.  That being said, it's a little wider than I expected, but I still think it works.  I did try it in the living room too, to see if it looked better there, but decided I liked it in the bedroom better.









I'm impressed with the quality, but am thinking of spray painting the black legs gold or silver.










The fabric is an oatmeal colored linen that has a nice texture and I love the tufting. 














I still want to change out our bedside tables for (I think) mirrored pieces, but haven't taken the plunge yet. 









You might remember our bed is also from Overstock and the bedding is from Restoration Hardware (except for the Target throw).  I made the grey/blue zebra pillow cover.  I still need to add some pillows to active the fuller, more layered look. 









I'd recommend this table for a coffee table too if you're in the market for one.  It's cushy at the top, yet still has the open feel underneath. 








* * * * *